Monday, September 3, 2007

Angel Food Ministries

I am so touched by a website I just visited, I had to write a blog entry to let everyone know about it. Sometime last month, I noticed a flier posted near the Food Bank here on campus. Something called "Angel Food Ministries" was advertising a huge food package that could be purchased for $25. I mentioned it to Don, but with everything going on (our trips, trying to settle in to our new lives here), we never did anything about it. Shortly after, one of Don's classmates mentioned it again. Then, today, just as I was about to call to learn more information, I clicked on a link in an email I got and Angel Food Ministries was the first thing staring at me. Whew! Okay God, I get it!

Long story short, I'll be driving to a local Lutheran church tomorrow to write a check for $43 and place my order for the following:

4 lb. Chicken Leg Quarters
24 oz. Beef Back Ribs
1 lb. 80/20 Lean Ground Beef
2 lb. Breaded Chicken Tenders
24 oz. Bone-in Pork Chops
1 lb. Ground Turkey
18 oz. Stuffed Manicotti (Cheese)
12 oz. Smoked Sausage
Betty Crocker Seasoned Potatoes
7 oz. Cheeseburger Dinner
16 oz. Green Beans
16 oz. Baby Carrots
2 lb. Onions
1 lb. Pinto Beans
1 lb. Rice
7 oz. Blueberry Muffin Mix
10 ct. Homestyle Waffles
1 Dessert Item
AND
Family Convenience Meal Special from Golden Cuisine
(Five Delicious Dinner Entrees: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Roasted Chicken Dinner, Meatloaf Patty & Gravy, Fettuccini Alfredo, Country Herb Chicken. Includes five breads, five skim milks, ten margarine cups, and five desserts.)


I encourage you to check out their website. I was almost in tears reading about the ministry. We'll be able to take advantage of this amazing blessing while we're here at seminary, sometimes for as low as $25 per month (the above list is supposed to feed us for 2+ weeks). When you combine all this with the Seminary's Food Bank, we will be spending virtually no money at regular grocery stores. (We'll have to buy milk and other dairy products and some fresh produce, but that's about it.) I'd like to further encourage you to support this awesome ministry, but I didn't see any way to support financially on their website, except to become a host church (distribute meals). Hey all you St. John's members out there...maybe if the word gets out, St. John's may become a host site? The closest host site I could find was Lancaster and there is nothing in the Central Valley...food for thought (get it?).

Anyway - it's late and I really should go to bed! Don starts Greek tomorrow (Tuesday) - keep him in your prayers. Love to all - thanks for reading and praying. We miss you!
Love,
Stacye (the food lady)
and Don, Hannah, and Elizabeth (the food eaters)
<><

P.S. Last night we were ultra-adventurous and rode the Metro into Downtown (Laclede's Landing) with some friends for the Big Muddy Blues Festival. Very fun, even though we got the girls home waaaayyyy too late. Oh well - sometimes you just have to get out of the regular routine and do something different. Now it's time to buckle down and get serious about Greek. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, something, something, something, Omega! Do I pass? Think Don'll let me tutor him?

2 comments:

  1. what a blessing! i'm so glad God kept reminding you about this program. the menu looks delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina!
    I've been following your blog and the adventures of Ashley and Super Fetus, but I never got around to asking for an invitation to the new one. I'd love to be able to continue observing from afar if it's okay. Thanks for reading and following along. We miss you - especially now as MOPS gets underway again. You're all in my prayers. Can't wait to hear how MOPS and the baby's arrival all go.
    --Stacye & the rest

    ReplyDelete